Friday, June 08, 2007

Tagged: 8 Things About Ana

Poppin's Mom at Babies Anonymous tagged me for 8 Things about Ana...

Thanks, Poppin's Mom!

Rather than think too hard about it, I am just going to write the top 8 that comes to my mind now, in no particular order, so, here they are:
  1. Ana speaks: Welsh, Tamil and English - all mixed up. "Uh-Oh, Payyan Crying", "Ana ishio kaffee doos", "Bore da, Appa, Morneen, Amma" [payyan=little boy in Tamil; ishio = eisiau = want in Welsh; Bore Da = Good Morning, in Welsh; and, Appa/Amma=Dad/Mom in Tamil]
  2. Ana's first book: I Spy (by Jean Marzollo) which I started reading to her at 2 months and continued to read in the same sing-song so that she "reads" it now, on her own... Loves books, gets excited about new books
  3. Ana loves songs: from 6-12 months it was Wheels On The Bus, Hokey-Pokey and Row Row - likes to do the actions for each song, like hold hands and go forward and backward in rowing motion; then graduated to Clementine and some other Dad's "folk" songs; but is easily calmed when I recite some of my Sanskrit slokas or Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes, in a sing-song
  4. Ana's "movie" preference: favorite shows so far (the ones we let her watch, that is): Smot, Nodi and Ffi-ffi (Welsh)
  5. Ana likes Ganesha and Hanuman: of course, she doesn't get the God concept, but, gleefully identifies Ganesha and Hanuman wherever she spots them; my elation at this is usually short-lived as she immediately follows "Gun-ness-aa" with "elephant" and "paaaaaannm" imitating the trumpeting sounds
  6. Ana's first word: "kikky" = Kitty. She seems to think the two kitties we have are her "human" siblings and tries to boss them around - tells them what to do - fills the kitty food bowls and tells them to eat!
  7. Ana's new drink buddy is her dad: She likes to raise her little sippy cup full of milk and declare "Cheers!" while trying to bang the cup against Dad's beer stein, turning to me and explaining, "Appa's doos, Ana's doos", pointing at the drinks.
  8. Ana loves dolls: first her cabbage patch doll Enid, and now Olga; she calls them 'paapaa' (Tamil word for little girl), undressing them and trying unsuccessfully to dress them back again in different clothes

Now, I am curious about Abi as Kowsalya at ninaivalai mentions little things about her... and after the big move, I am curious how K and S are adjusting, so would like to tag Prabha at Pink Blankie to pick 8 things about K and S she finds common...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Maggie said...

Hi Sheela, thanks for dropping me a line at my blog.

Ana sounds like so much fun! The cheers with her dad is the cutest!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Totally cute.. I can related to the Ganesha (Aaanai) thing too. Thanks for taking up the tag ! And it's nice that you had so many links to your older posts.. I enjoyed reading them!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Kowsalya Subramanian said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I will surely take up the tag as this is the first time I have ever be tagged ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older