Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Book Review Policy for this blog

Children's (and Adult) Books Review Policy for this blog


It is no secret that I love books, especially children's picture books.

What started as a simple way of keeping track of the books that my kids enjoyed has now become a channel for me to champion for the books that inspire and influence me, not just as a parent, but as a writer as well. In that sense, my book posts are not "reviews" per se, but more of a cheer-leading effort to spread the word about some gems out there that I happen to come across.

I typically write only about books that resonated with my kids and me. If a book did not engage us in any positive way, I do not write about it. After all, with limited time at my disposal, I'd rather write about something inspiring than something negative.

I am open to receiving review copies of books on a selective basis for sharing here on my blog.

The themes I lean towards in picture books include (but not restricted to):
  • cultural diversity 
  • wildlife and nonfiction books about animals of all sorts
  • environment, eco-consciousness
  • poetry
  • biographies
  • folktales and traditional literature
While I do not guarantee a review post for every review copy received, I do want to affirm that if a book affected us in any positive way, I'd be happy to write about it here.  Also, I would like to clarify upfront that acceptance of a review copy is not a commitment to post a review of the book -- again, this policy reiterates my goal of refraining from negativity, while still allowing me to share my frank and honest opinions.


I accept digital and print ARCs and review copies of picture books, chapter books, middle grade, and YA. 

Please contact delectable[dot]victuals[at]gmail[dot]com for details.

I do not participate in advertising or product endorsement or commercial ventures. I write simply because it gives me great pleasure to share a book that was well-received by us at home, in the hope that readers of this blog might find it useful as well.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older