Thursday, April 26, 2007

Tiger on a Tree

tiger on a tree children's book review anushka ravishankar pulak biswas indian
Tiger on a Tree by Anushka Ravishankar/Pulak Biswas, 2004. (Ages 1 - 5).

A tiger on the shore, dares to explore,
and gets stuck on a tree.
A group of men find him, wanting to bind him,
but end up setting him free!


Pardon my attempt at verse, but, Ana seems to like this book. I am not sure why she likes it, but, some of my thoughts on this book are recorded here .

After weeks of waiting, about half a dozen books I had requested at my public library were ready for pick up all at once, Tiger On A Tree among them. And not a moment too soon.

Seems like Ana can recite Big A, little a in her sleep; and she pretty much recites all the little Dr.Seuss board books we bought for her - while playing with her dolls... (Mr.Brown Can Moo, Can You? , Hop On Pop, The Foot Book, Ten Apples Up On Top, The Tooth Book and so on). So, I was at a loss - we are on a budget and I have already used up the allotted sum for books this month. Good that the library books are here. Am looking forward to exploring them with her.

More children's books review at Saffron Tree!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older