Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

happy mother's dayBasking in the big warm hug Ana gave me while I was nursing Oggie at 5 a.m, and reading the cards each of the two gave me, I espy the simple bouquet of fresh-cut flowers from our Spring garden and flash a knowing smile at my thoughtful D, wondering if I deserve all this fuss... briefly.

Mother is the most potent of all relationships I can forge that it scares me to call myself one in the true and profound sense. Just giving birth does not automatically make one a Mother, imho.

I am just a girl, well ok, a woman, trying to care for the two precious gifts I've been given, as best as I can.

I am not perfect and I am not sure I am doing a great job, but, I know I will get better as days go by, and as I mature as an individual...

One can learn all there is to know about mothering from other sources, but, as a savant noted:

Unlike Knowledge, Wisdom cannot be communicated.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Happy Mother's day Sheila. You were in my thoughts on Sunday, what a special day with two little lovely ones at home..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older