Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ana Turns Three!



I was in no shape to organize anything remotely resembling a party with invited guests and kids, so, I just baked a (fairly pathetic) cake at home and set up a little party-of-sorts in the backyard for Ana. She got age+1 presents and loved being the center of attention all day long as we celebrated this on a weekend when D could devote at least half a day to do special things with Ana alone.

She got a pair of sneakers which she sorely needed; plus fancy socks - Oscar the Grouch and Disney Princess (I know, I know... but, if I don't indulge her on her birthday, when else will I, right?!); a set of new jammies for the nights; and last but not the least, an activity tray kit that she loves - it doubles as a food tray so she can eat her snack with me in bed. I know, I know, rules are rules, but, I have to relax them a bit now that I spend half the time in my room, on my bed, either nursing or getting the newborn to sleep, and Ana feels left out... so, she gets to eat, drink, draw, color etc. with me on my bed...

Now, I must mention a generous-hearted friend I came to know through my blogs. We are yet to meet, so, she is a pen pal of sorts and turns out she lives about 45 minutes from where I now live! She sent these beautiful dresses for Ana which can be seen in the photos above... Thanks a lot C! I know you are expecting your wee one any day now, so, my prayers are with you and I hope to hear from you soon!

Oh, and, after talking to Ana's teacher, I had a little party in Ana's daycare. She loved being the center of attention of the 14 kids in that classroom. And, since most of the other kids in her class have already celebrated their 3rd birthday, Ana knew what to expect - cupcakes, candles, crown, and Happy Birthday song :)

Happy Birthday, Honey-pot! Maybe next year Amma will get herself together and invite your friends over for a get-together on your special day!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3:06 PM, Blogger utbtkids said...

Happy birthday Ana.

How does she like the activity tray? I saw somwthing similar in Michaels and have been having my eyes on it for sometime now.

The cake looks yummy. Don't call it pathetic. I bakes a lady bug cake for 2nd birthday Chula's party at home. One of my firnds thought it was a baby (????) and when I said that it was a lady bug, they all went, 'Oh! really? What part of the lady bug? Did you squish the bug by any chance?'

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

hi utbt, i suspect you are saying that about your cake to make me feel better :) thanks! it worked!!

and, Ana likes the activity tray enough to keep her occupied for 30-40 minutes at a time; but, not everyday, of course.

And, it comes with stickers and coloring book and crayons and markers and glitter glue and such, but, I stocked up on crayons and coloring books and stickers so i can replenish once the original package runs out...

I am trying to put it away and use it sparingly (like when she seems restless and brings her wooden blocks trying to knock Oggie's head with it while i sorely need some quiet time to nurse the wee one in peace) so she doesn't get too bored with it...

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Happy Birthday Ana! I'm so glad you had a great time. Sheela, you sound a little better now in your posts but you still sound guilty! That's a no-no.

I think the very fact that you even baked a cake deserves a standing ovation :)

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Dee said...

Happy Birthday Ana :))
Sheela..Ana is going to be so proud of you for doing this in the midst of a newborn at home!

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Savani said...

Happy Birthday Ana! That cake looks awesome..c'mmon Sheela.. it looks nice.

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

thanks, poppins!! some days are better than others... considering that it was a last minute decision and that i baked it and frosted it in the middle of the night between feeds, i think you have a point!

and, does the guilt ever stop??!

thanks dee! I am dreading that she is only going to remember me losing it and raising my voice at the slightest situation these days...

how kind of you dotmom, thanks! i suppose i should be happy that it got eaten up fully and everybody survived :)

i am glad you are all stopping by to cheer me up! it means a lot to me!! Thanks!!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Bong Mom said...

Happy Birthday Dear Ana, such pretty dresses and Sheela that is a lovely cake Sheela, don't you dare say anything else

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Happy Birthday Ana!

Sheela, you've given something nice to Ana today. Happiness. And attention. Parties can wait.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older