Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Kids Crafts: Hand-print Peacock

kids crafts handprint peacock

Looks like a turkey wearing a peacock costume, does it?

Well, thankfully D didn't think so :)

It was his birthday last week and since we were all sick we didn't do anything special to celebrate the occasion. Well, Ana and I made a card each for D, despite Ana's cough and fever. That sure seems "special" to me.

Items used: Crayola tempera paints - blue, green, red and yellow; card stock paper, some glitter (optional), black gel pen, and, oh, a wee little hand or two

kids crafts handprint peacock

She had saved her Elmo party hat from Max's birthday at daycare and made D wear it. She suggested that D should have a cupcake with a candle on it that he should blow out as we sing!

How could I refuse?

So, I did make a batch of my bran mini muffins as we thankfully had the ingredients handy at home, with a few substitutions...

Ana was such a trooper. When I told her we could make a card for Appa's Birthday, and that we could make a hand-print peacock she managed to sit with me patiently and finish the card despite her sickness!

And, she even sat with me till I finished painting a simple floral card I wanted to fill with my good wishes for D.

All in all, it wasn't a total washout...

Anyway, Ana and I have worked on a few hand-print projects so far and she hasn't quite mastered the art of pressing the paint-loaded hand down and lifting it up straight to leave a nice hand-print. No matter. It adds to the charm, I think...

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger B o o said...

Wow! Thats one awesome peacock, Sheela! Im going to try it soon with Ashu.
Hope all of you are doing ok now. Happy Valentines day. Whats special? ;)

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger Me2 said...

the card is so pretty! we did think of dustin on his b'day..belated wishes! hope u all are okay now!

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sheela,

Ana is turning out to be little picaso. Such clarity in mixing colors beautiful.

My valentine day wishes to you and Ana kutti

Belated birthday wishes to D. My hubby had his birthday last week too.

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

Thank you B o o! nothing special for Valentine's - getting home on time and having a family meal together would be nice - so, that's what we are aiming for - and, needless to say, the meal is probably gonna be cooked by moi :)

Thanks Sang! Was wondering where you disappeared - i assumed you probably have Net issues... email me with your update when you get a chance :)

Thanks Charu! Actually, I am guilty of mixing the peacock colors :) I usually put the various paint blobs on a plastic plate in the combination I like for a particular art work and let Ana push down on the paint blobs with her hand ...

And, belated b'day wishes to your hubby too, Charu! Take care!

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Sooper! Where is the pic of your card? I'd like to see it too. Ana sure is a trooper!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

aww... thanks Nisha for asking about my card! just for you, i went back and posted a picture of the card I painted for D :)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Oh... it is so sweet. You do have a good hand for painting. Where did you learn? I joined a course while I was working near College Rd, but couldn't complete it. I can now see from where all the talent in Ana comes from. Thanks for putting up the card :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older