Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blue Moo: 17 Jukebox Hits From Way Back Never


Blue Moo: 17 Jukebox Hits From Way Back Never
by Sandra Boynton

Sandra Boynton's books are clever and usually quite well-received by Ana. But, I wasn't quite sure if this particular book and CD set would be well-received, considering that the book is a bit... ummm... how shall I say... different?

I was not prepared for the sweeping endorsement for the music CD that came with the book though. It has gotten to a point of becoming an obsession with Ana. I am not sure what exactly she loves about this Blue Moo... especially since it seems to be geared towards older readership... looks like Everything about it is fascinating to my wee little 2¾ year old!

So much so that, even during the short ride to daycare each morning, she insists on listening to her favorite number(s) by The Uninvited Loud Precision Band on the music CD. Since D taught her to simply call it "March", after the style of music it is reminiscent of, the minute Ana is strapped in the car seat, she squeals repeatedly, "Appa, March! March, please!" until we play the CD. In repeat mode, of course :)

Now, I am trying to convince myself that it is the overplaying, but somehow, the boisterous, loud, catchy, upbeat numbers by The Uninvited Loud Precision Band as they parade (uninvited, of course) through your living room, your kitchen, your grocery store aisles (alphabetically marching from Rows A through Z) has become my reluctant favorite as well.

And, when we do play it at home, she marches around in circles till she is almost sweating from all the exertion!

Never thought she was one for old surf music, but, all on her own, after listening to it a few times, Ana picked up the title words to Speed Turtle sung by Brian Wilson (Beach Boys!) and started practicing it as a duet, with D or I supplying the rest of the few lines we know while she strategically blurts out "Speed Turtle" at the right pauses we make in the rendition :)

We don't get to play much of the other songs in the CD as Ana prefers to be stuck in a loop that repeats the 3 or 4 pieces by The Uninvited Loud Precision Band...

Thankfully, the book/CD is due back at the library soon and I am hoping to get some respite, and finally erase the constant replay of it in my head all through my work day!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older