Saturday, June 16, 2007

kids crafts: Father's Day Art

father's day toddler art craft finger painting

When she is in the mood, Ana loves to finger paint, or even paint with her large brush.

Sometimes, she will drag her brush across the paper and point to it and exclaim "Amma, look, horse!" as if she had really painted a horse :-)

I like the vivid colors of the tempera paints we have, and the milder hues of the finger-painting paints.

I was wondering what to do for Father's Day... and Ana gave me the start!

Last weekend, she had finished painting a piece - usually, that's when she asks me to unroll some more paper so she can paint on blank paper again... While unrolling some more for her, I decided to tear the piece she had just finished and turn it into "art" for Appa.

father's day toddler art craft finger paintingUnfortunately I didn't take a picture of her painting this particular piece, but, I did manage to take one of her painting whimsically at another time...

I simply mounted Ana's art on a mat I had, added a loop to hang it from. And then, gave a few stickers to Ana to paste it on the mat just for added effect :-)

Of course, Ana cannot write yet, so, I added some words and a stamp and...

Voila! Daddy has a nice little Father's Day gift made by his baby girl to proudly hang on his office wall!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

What kind of paints are tempera paints Sheela? I am not a very artistic person(make that a non-artistic person actually:) but I don't want that to deter poppin.

After all, if our children were to only learn things we know, that wouldn't be evolution !

I had no clue that you could start them off so young! I should get poppin into finger painting too..It sounds very interesting, and what cute keepsakes they will make !

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Tharini said...

Poppin's so right!! I loved this one....its got that look of home made perfection, and it can't get any better than that! This is definitely a steal for me for the future. Please do tell us more abt tempera paints...I know I'd like Akhil to give this a try for little gifts for his grandparents!

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Tharini said...

u know what i liked as ur personal touch...the flipped letters u did. That was utterly cute! You are a natural!

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

tempera used to be a colloidal suspension of natural color pigments in egg yolks...

but the kids' tempera paints of today have the same vivid colors and are washable! yep, "washable" is the keyword (right up with "non-toxic") for me to get Ana to do any art :-)

i get it at my local Jo-Ann's or Michael's as I shop there for my fabrics and such anyway... but, am sure it is available in any supermarket like Target...

hope that helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older