Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dreamy-Sweet Déjà vu


If you think, even for a moment, my dear,
that I only mention you briefly here
As if to affirm that a second child
automatically takes the rear,
You'd be terribly, awfully, thoroughly wrong, I fear.

My eyes well up with grateful tears
reminiscing the day you were born -
the first time I heard your voice,
and held you tight in my arms,
Such a bliss is impossible for me to put in words today.

The brilliance of your toothless smile
lights up my entire world
dissolving all my maternal angst,
chasing away my gloom
Infusing me with a delicious urge to kiss you head to toe.

The tug of your tiny fingers
intertwined with mine
The gentle pressure as you droop on my chest
when I rock and sing, you sigh
Heaven, heaven, pure & sweet, consummate piece of heaven!

Nothing makes me feel so special
like the unbridled joy you express -
bouncing, squealing, bobbing, beaming,
tracking my every move
Will I be as lucky when you see me, a dozen years down the road?!

As your tiny little snuggly-soft body nestles
in the crook of my arm at nights,
stirring delicately every so often
breathing, resonating, making music -
Dare I hope for a more sublime transcendent spiritual experience?

I can't help but bask in a vain sense of thrill
when I scout and discover how very much
you seem to mirror your sister-
face, hair, cuddlesome figure and frame,
pout, smile, grimace, gestures, even temperament and vigor.

If I happen to see your sister
in all your frown, cry, laugh and moves,
Know that it is never to sabotage
your originality, idiosyncrasy, novelty and spunk;
Have no doubt, my dear, I'll always cherish your spirit singular!

I wonder what you dream about...
Unicorns, Faeries & Butterflies,
Candies, Cupcakes, Rainbows, Fluff
soothing, nourishing hugs & kisses
These fantastic things for now make up your sister's world.

Whatever you dream about, dear Oggie,
Whatever you aspire to be,
I promise to be supportive and loving,
Cheering your every step forward
Always treasuring this miracle that God has given me in you.


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful poem and beautiful header to match your heartfelt poem.

Ana and oggie looks lovely.

-charu

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Poppins said...

Did you write that yourself Sheela, it's beautiful !
Thanks so much for your wise words. Things ARE already getting there and believe it or not I always thought of Ana too when I was going through what you did a few months ago..

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, Charu. Hope NR is doing well. I am yet to see him and hold him!

Thanks Poppins, yeah, I was thinking about how little of Oggie I mention here and *had* to write how I feel... even at the risk of sounding soppy.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Adorable header pic. And loved the poem. They look good together.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting. That was a valid point and point taken :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Dee said...

beautiful poem Sheela. Your little Oggie will be so proud of you whaen he gets to read this :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older