Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Another Year....

Yep! That time of the year again when I get to expect special treatment... now, whether I get the said treatment or not is another story.
D: What kind of cupcake shall we make for Amma's birthday, Ana?
Ana: PINK! I want to make pink cupcake for Amma's birthday, Appa.
D: Oh-kay... UMmmm, What kind of frosting shall we put on the cupcake?
Ana: Purple! Sweet! Amma likes purple sweet frosting on pink cupcakes, Appa.
D: Ah, I see... Oooo-kayyy! Let's get to it then.

So, that's what I got: Strawberry pink cupcake with purple cream cheese frosting, with lots of sprinkles on top.


pink cupcakespink cupcakes


moorish recipesOf course, it wasn't enough that I spoil him with Ethiopian, Indian, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Mediterranean, Mexican and Spanish recipes... so, D decided to help expand my culinary repertoire : he got me this Moorish cookbook for my birthday!

And, since I am always eager to try different foods, I loved his thoughtfulness. I can't wait to start trying out the recipes from this book.

And, just like his sweet words in the Best of ATK Cookbook he gave me last year, he wrote: Make a lot - I'm sure I'd love some More-ish this year :)

I know... I know... not the immortal words to etch in stone, but, it's the thought that counts, right?!

It seems like not too long ago I wrote a similar post, and here I am, doing it again.

Boy! What a change! Oggie came into our lives and things haven't been the same since. I have discovered new depths of my patience and capacity to love... However, I'll save my musings for another day...

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger ranjani.sathish said...

Belated B'day wishes Sheela !!!

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Kavs said...

Happy birthday!! Have fun!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Belated Birthday wishes. And very sweet of D to get you what he'd like ;) Trust the cake was as yummy as it looks.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Kay said...

Belated birthday wishes, dear sheela!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older