Tuesday, June 17, 2008

one step ahead...

Scene: Living Room, sofa
Main Players: Ana, D
(I am just a fly on the wall, observing quietly)

(Ana starts jumping on the sofa...)

D: Ana, you know better. No Jumping On The Sofa, OK?

Ana: But Appa, I am not Ana, I am a frog.

D: OK, frog. No jumping on the sofa.

Ana: Appa, I am not jumping, I am a bouncing.

D: OK, frog, no bouncing on the sofa either; and that goes for Ana too.

(temporarily fazed but not beaten, Ana jumps around again on the sofa)

D: Ana, Frog, what I did I tell you? No Jumping Or Bouncing On The Sofa, OK? Jump on the floor if you like.

Ana: But Appa, I am just hopping.

D: OK, frog, Ana, no jumping, no bouncing, no hopping on the sofa... do it on the floor if you must.

Ana: No Appa, I am a cricket, not a frog. I am a hopping cricket.

(D and I suppress our welling pride and smiles, and he keeps a straight enough face to drive home the point thusly :)


D: Ana, Off The Sofa, please. Sofa is for sitting on, or lying down, OK?

(Ana accepts the strong tone from D for now and decides to sit on the sofa, upside down - with her legs on the head rest and her head dangling down, twinkling her bright brown eyes naughtily at D hoping for a reaction...)

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

LOL ! That sounds so cute. And naughty. Bless them, they make us smile even when we're supposed to be disciplining them, and don't they know it?

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Lol... very cute indeed. I bet she didn't elicit any reaction from D than some uncontrollable laughter.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

All well? Why no posts? Baby keeping you very busy?

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

hi subhashree, gosh, you are right - it has been a long time and i have all these posts in my head and haven't been able to even look at my laptop lately :)

Ana had a bout of something with ear infection, and naturally, she gave it to Oggie and he has severe cold poor 3-month-old, and he is restless and whining a lot; meanwhile, i got high fever and throat infection, and D had tons of work at the office and was not much help at home... and, my parents are with my brother, so, I am battling this all by myself...

Gosh! I don't mean to sound like I am complaining... just terribly overwhelmed for the last few weeks...

Thanks so much for checking in! Makes me feel connected! Else, I am stuck at home being blissfully domestic :)

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Hope all of you are better now! It can be very tiring to take care of two sick kids. Take care

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

thanks, subhashree!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older