Monday, November 13, 2006

play dough

play dough
Play Dough is awesome. TJOML thinks so, at least.

So, we decided to make some at home for her.

Found a very simple recipe on the web:

1 cup flour
1 cup water
1/2 cup salt
1 Tbsp cream of tartar
1 Tbsp oil
few drops of food color

Just dump all the above ingredients into a sauce pan and stir it over medium heat till it forms a dough. Knead well. Let it cool completely. And Voila!

When I was little, I got to play with clay and mud, but, not the fancy play dough. I rather like the level of messiness involved in play dough compared to "clay dough"...

There is something relaxing about shaping and reshaping and working the play dough.

TJOML seems pretty possessive about this batch I cooked up for her. After I am done shaping some for her, she points to the tupperware where we store it, watches like a hawk till i put all of it back and then she puts the lid on it and follows me to the fridge to make sure I put it away safely.

I think I will be making a few more batches in a few more colors. And it won't just be for TJOML;-)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older