Thursday, May 21, 2009

If you asked me

to pick a word, just one beautiful word, that makes my heart leap up not much unlike Wordsworth's when he beholds a rainbow in the sky, in an instant you'd hear me say, "Cracker", or more precisely, "Kuck-aa".

Why?

Well, it is Oggie's first word. First discernible utterance that is as musical to me as it is probably meaningful to him.

He knows where I keep the Baby Mum-Mum™ and Graham Crakers™, both of which I have consistently offered to him at snack time over the last few months, with exaggerated enunciation of "Cra-cker" repeated ad infinitum to his seemingly uncomprehending look.

Now, it is his turn to chant "Kuck-aa" ad nauseum as he wobbles over to the lower cupboard in the kitchen to help himself when he fancies a nibble.

Jump back three years, almost to-date, and my answer would have been "Kick-kee", Ana's first word warbled in a melodious singsong every time one of our kitties passed by.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger VJ said...

how cute !!!
yours kids are so lovely !!!

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Sheela said...

VJ, how thoughtful and generous of you to leave the exact words that would put a mom, any mom, every mom, in seventh heaven!! Thanks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older