Tuesday, December 04, 2007

PEP for vitamins

Now, I am not usually the complaining type... if I can do something about it, I try to, else I vent out my frustration at the inability to change things and try to do something more productive and creative to take the edge off.

Sometimes, I mention it to D so he is aware of what's going on with me - I am prone to snapping unprovoked when I am edgy and exhausted - only fair to warn him, I think...

And, while D is fairly neutral and even-tempered usually, when he does lose it he can break my spirit without even trying...

C'est la vie... we are all human after all, pushing ourselves to be our best, to do our best for our loved ones...

Of late, I am constantly strapped for energy - get up, rush-rush, shower, grab some coffee, drop baby off, get to work, work a full day, get baby home, cook, eat, clean, play with baby, bathe her, put her in bed, do some crafts stuff to unwind, read a book and fall asleep... only to wake up way earlier than my body wants to and start the cycle all over again.

See, D has been working late, and I support that. He is doing it for the family, he is working hard so our lives can get better, and naturally, I fill in whenever he is not available to do his chores around the house and help with the baby...

Meanwhile, there are days like this when I simply want to scream and run away somewhere. Especially when I am sick, and baby is just recovering from some viral influenza, and year-end deadlines are approaching at work and my projects are a bit behind schedule...

From anybody else, I would have probably gotten on the warpath for being a sexist male chauvinist, patronizing The Woman. Anyway, I had to suppress my frustration, and let the big smile spread from ear to ear and lift up my spirits when D sent me these vintage Kellogg's PEP commercials to pep me up... if only life were that simple, eh?



Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

LOL. Thanks I needed that, I'm in a similar place.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Kowsalya Subramanian said...

Very true. Its all the more hurting to suppress because we know they are working late for the betterment of the family but sometimes the shortterm frustration does take over and very often lately for me..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older