Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday Faves 1

Where did Enid paappaa's diaper go?

starts a delicate teeny voice, then notices the said Enid paapaa has soiled her diaper.

Repeating in a rather worried tone, Oh paapaa... wipe bottom, paapaa... Enid paapaa ishio diaper newdd... teeny hands undo the cabbage patch doll's (aka Enid paapaa) clothes and makeshift diaper*, looking for wipes.
* i sewed a few mini cloth diapers out of scrap fabric, plush with Velcro™ and all

Not finding any handy, Enid paapaa gets tucked under one arm, while Ana goes exploring for a wipe, with Enid dangerously close to falling off clutched by a foot barely in the Baby armpit... a tissue from the box of tissues on the coffee table seems handy enough, which Ana promptly grabs, then places the doll on the sofa, and meticulously wipes the bottom. Then decides Enid needs to freshen up and uses the same wipe to freshen her face up.

Now comes the time to put a new diaper on. Of course, the same "soiled" diaper acts as the new diaper now and Ana places it on the sofa, righting the side so she can place Enid paapaa on top of it and do the complicated maneuvers of diapering. Then, of course Enid paapaa needs a new dress, so, off she goes finding a nice outfit, right down to shoes and hat.

Then of course, it so happens, Boo-Boo Bunny needs a diaper change, and the whole rigmarole starts over:-)

Ana is at the age where she can talk to herself and keep herself occupied for considerable lengths of time (read: 30-45 mins, which is a LONG time in a 2-yr old's clock), so that I can focus on something I might want to do when she is occupied thusly.

However, of late, my favorite thing to do has been just stay in the background without crowding her, but close enough to hear her talk, and observe what she does. It has been such a treat.

As this is a Friday, and I have written about one of my favorite things to do these days, I guess this would be my first Friday Fave post.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Blogger MarieY said...

Aren't little ones amazing - I used to enjoy watching my kids too when they were little - they are fascinating. I remember my daughter when she was 1 1/2 - she would always talk to the "door" and that freaked me out. But, she outgrew it and when we talk about it now - we just all have a laugh. Thanks for joining us along with your Friday Fave.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger B o o said...

You said it! when my 2 year old is behind me all the time, all I want her to do is play on her own. and now that she does play on her own frequently, Im the one hiding behind the door and watching her play. Its fascinating, to say the least! Their imagination is so refreshing!

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger Kay said...

What a pleasure to read about Ana's antics!

 
At 4:43 AM, Blogger Jayarama Krishnan said...

...and reading it has been my Friday treat...oh it's not a Friday?! Never mind, tomorrow's a holiday, this part of the world!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older