Thursday, August 31, 2006

Snuggly Thoughts

TJOML loves to snuggle. Especially, when she is a bit under the weather.

Generally, she is a happy camper, going about her day figuring out how things work, what she can do to set off my screaming impulse and how she can manipulate me into doing her bidding most of the time... but, when she is not well, she stays stuck to me and no enticements from her daddy will work to peel her off me long enough so i can use the bathroom.

Last night was one such night. And the night before was one such night. So was the night 2 days ago... well, you get the picture.

Part of me is thrilled she prefers me to her daddy. Part of me gets mad because she won't set me free even for a few moments. But the whole of me just wells up with this strange feeling of unconditional love, looking at this tiny 16-month-old hugging me tight, wondering if TJOML will still rely on me for comfort the same way 10 years from now, 15 years from now, 20 years from now...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older