Sunday, March 02, 2014

An Effusive 'Thank You' to Dr.Seuss

dr.seuss books



With The Tooth Book gnawed by her sole baby tooth,
and The Foot Book squashed under her toddler foot,
she waddled over to Hop on Pop 
who was juggling One Apple Up On Top.

When Pop asked, Mr.Brown Can Moo Can You?
She wondered, Can I swim and fish in McElligott's Pool?
Would I really love to eat Green Eggs and Ham?
And, why is mister Fox in Socks?

The Lorax, Yertle the Turtle and Cat in the Hat
were all her best friends, as she thought to herself,
how wonderful it would be If I ran the zoo 
and what fun it would be If I ran the circus too!

Oh the places you'll go! Pop exclaimed, when she complained:
I had Trouble in getting to Solla Sellew.
Oh the things you can think, Pop applauded, when she said:
I wish that I had duck feet, and Would you rather be a bullfrog?

Mastering Dr.Seuss's ABC
She went On beyond zebra with her own alphabet
Chanting One fish, Two fish, Red fish, Blue fish
Singing Happy birthday to you... 

You 
One-of-a-kind, No-one-like-you You!

Thank you, Dr.Seuss, for bringing so much joy to us all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older