Monday, April 20, 2009

Little Girls Are Precious!

Amma, I like your skirt. You look like a princess! Now we can both be princesses and Appa can be our prince.

Appa-Prince come and kiss me and wake me up!

Amma, I want to make you all pretty. I am going to brush your hair and put pink and purple hair clips.

I don't like your pants, Amma. Maybe you can get different clothes from your cubby.

What are you putting on your lips, Amma?
Just lipstick, Ana.
Why?
Sometimes I like it; it makes me feel pretty.
Can I put some on too?
Well, when you are older, maybe you can.
Only grown-ups can put on lipstick?
Yes.
Maybe you can put lipstick on Appa so he can be pretty like you!


Are we doing an art project today, Amma?
Well, I am just going to do some painting; you can play outside if you like while I paint.
But, Amma, I want to help you.
Hmmm... that is a very sweet offer Ana, but, I'd rather do this by myself. Maybe you'd like to find an activity you like to do by yourself?
OK, I am going to color my fairies in my coloring book. I am going to do it in my room so Oggie won't bother me.
Good idea, Ana. You can show me your work when you are done and I can show you mine.


I want four pony tails, and I want yellow, orange, green and red hairbands for my pony tails. Can you do it for me now, Amma?

Let's go the the big Oaks Park, Amma.
Oh, I don't know how to get there, Ana.
But Amma, the black square thing can tell you how to get there!

(referring to the Tom-Tom GPS thingy, of course)

Let's go to the Memory Garden, Amma.
Oh, it's a long walk, Ana, I am too tired.
But Amma, it is sunny, see? And you said we need exercise. Come on silly Amma-head, let's go!

(how can I refuse?!)
Variation of Poo-Poo-head, which happens to be how her friends address each other at school...

Little girls are certainly precious!

Snuggling up on the sofa while Oggie is taking a nap, we pore over old calendars with beautiful art be it Thomas Kinkade or Debi Hron's Simple Inspirations. We make up stories about the little cottages and gardens in Kinkade's artwork. We examine all the little detail that Debi Hron adds to her simplistic-looking artwork. Who else would sit with me for about 45 minutes studying and enjoying these paintings?!

President and sole member of my fan club, personal fashion critic, fellow art explorer, crazy crafts enthusiast, Memory Garden buddy, motivator... dare I hope for more?

When I tucked in Ana a few nights ago, we talked a bit about birthdays in a semi-philosophical-educational way.

I will be four years old, Amma! And then I will be five and then I can go to big kids school. I will take my coloring book in backpack to school because that is what big kids do. When I am five years old I can make my own breakfast! And I can teach Oggie to read his books...
There was no stopping her from listing all the things she would do when she is five...

Hope you had a fun day turning four, Ana! I wish I could have bottled up the energy, thrills, joy, and squeals of delight at your party when your friends came over and helped you celebrate your special day!



And am sure Little Boys Are Precious! post is not far away.



Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Guruprasad said...

your writing style looks pretty and neat...Ana seems a very interesting cute little thing...i really like the four-color pony tail...so did you really give her?by the way, thanks for dropping by into my blog; i am not writing regularly and stopped getting visitors, so it is always refreshing when someone drops by...thanks!
- guruprasad
(http://ahambaavam.blogspot.com)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Anusha said...

happy 4, Ana & to her super mom :)

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

You bet! Totally agree on girls are precious.

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Ooh my favorite little girl is 4 ! Looks like she had a blast on her birthday !

Happy birthday sweet, independent, smart Ana.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older