Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Natanam Aadinar

Ever since I took that trip down memory lane a few weeks ago, I've been getting my fix from... where else? You Tube, of course.

I liked this performance by Jai Khalsa but was so very saddened by some of the strongly discouraging comments therein. It takes a lot to learn a classical dance form from another culture, an ancient culture at that. And to be able to perform with confidence and joy...



This used to be one of my favorite songs to dance to - I guess it is hard to explain why - it was the phase when everything Shiva was all I could think about... to know the words to the song, the meaning, and to express it via the dance movements is a very sublime experience.

However, I liked the way she agreed to disagree in response to those comments that would have made me roll up in a ball and never come out again, at least till I get over it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Supriya said...

Landed on the blog by chance and absolutely love the content. Great work..

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Sheela, it's such a joy to see her dance to that song. And what a downer to read the negative comments. :( My heart just broke. I think I'll go to youtube and see her dance once again without reading the comments this time around.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older