Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Not just a dollar bill...

The Celtic band was belting out the usual set of popular numbers. Leaving the obvious unsaid, I sat there in comfortable silence.

As I excused myself to powder my nose, I noticed that he had pulled out a dollar bill from his pocket and had casually started folding it in an intricate pattern with effortless ease.

I was beginning to wonder about his sudden disappearance as I returned to our table, when he materialized next to me holding out an incredibly potent piece of jewelry: the printed numeral 1 forming the jewel on a perfectly fabricated dollar-bill ring!

Nine years ago.

Happy Anniversary, D!

As always, with due thanks to Robert Browning, I invite you:

Grow old along with me,
the best is yet to be.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 9:14 PM, Anonymous Poppy said...

Congratulations to D and you! May you be content and happy always!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Choxbox said...

Happy Anniv Sheels!

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous sole said...

Happy Anniv Sheela. Wishing you a lovely day of celebartion and many more lovely years together :)!

 
At 3:02 AM, Blogger B o o said...

whoa! thats the cutest proposal story ever! Happy Anniversary, Sheela and D!

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Lavs said...

Missed this post somehow..belated anniversary wishes sheela & D.

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Dee said...

WOW!!!..tooo good:) Happy Happy Happy Anniversary to you!!!

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Subhashree said...

Aww... so sweet. Happy anniv! Lovely story. Touchwood!

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Sheela said...

Thanks, lovely ladies! sending out my sincere thanks for your sweet wishes...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older