Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Another Year Went Zooming By

More than age and its associated idiosyncrasies, it is the stocktaking that I wrestle with around birthdays. What have I done to earn another year of existence? This thought can sometimes take me out of alignment.

Anyway, I woke up to a steaming cup of coffee that Papa and daughter made for me. Doesn't seem like much, but for someone who prefers freshly brewed 6 oz of strong, dark decaf every morning, and has to make it herself every morning, it is practically a pampered state to be in, to be handed a hot cup just the way I like it. (Yes, I do leave instructions handy for how many scoops per cup, and which cup exactly - as not all coffee mugs and scoops are made equal.)

The littlest handed me a 5-page booklet card, with the central message of I Love You, Mama!

Being a stormy weekend, I didn't plan on any outing. A brisk early morning walk in the crisp autumn weather was just the pick-me-up I needed to kick-start the day.

Not a big fan of eating cakes, and knowing that kids will expect a treat, my wish list had Pumpkin Mochi Ice Cream as well as Chunky Monkey for nostalgia's sake.

The 9 year old gave me a regulation volleyball. I was so thrilled as I had mentioned that it was my favorite game when I was in school. So, I invited the rest of the troop to head over to the park nearby and play volleyball with me.

Going to the movies is something of a luxury for us and we save it for a worthwhile movie or occasion. I picked Alexander and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, thinking kids might like it if it is anything like the book. Every 15 minutes of the movie, the 6 year old couldn't stop himself from declaring, "I don't like anything about this movie. When will this movie end?" The 9 year old and I tallied up the things that were wrong with the movie afterwards, things that derailed the movie for us...

All in all, just another day, doing everyday things, and some not-everyday things and taking it as it comes...



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older