Sunday, March 11, 2012

Kids Crafts: Rubber-stamped Fabric Goody Bags


Oggie was completely involved in preparing for his fourth birthday - from pinpointing the venue/activity to celebrate with his friends, to making the goody bags + some of the items that went into it.

We have quite a stash of rubber stamps. I chose one of the larger ones I had (the fish) to make it go faster, but, Oggie insisted on using the smaller bugs stamps explaining, "I want my friends to have bugs on the goody bag, mama. They will really like bugs and find it funny."



So we chose a few stamps we wanted to use; got some acrylic paints ready; and stamped away in two sessions over two different evenings.

Items Used: unbleached muslin fabric, acrylic paints, foam rubber stamps



  1. Stamp the fabric
  2. Hang it up for drying
  3. Heat-set it by ironing on the reverse side
  4. Cut to required size and sew, attaching a piece of ribbon or yarn to serve as a tie
I sorely missed my serger. What would've been a breeze turned into a bit of a challenging task as my sewing machine didn't want to co-operate initially. No matter. It all turned out acceptable anyway.






Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very very nice Sheela! We're having a buggy party too here, would you mind writing a post on how to sew those bags for a non-sewer.
I am always impressed by your creativity and your patience and how amazingly well you write!
Best
Gayu

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Sheela said...

@Gayu: Nice to hear from you - and wonderful advanced wishes!

I've shared one version of the goody bag a couple of years ago here:
http://rarelythere.blogspot.com/2010/04/sewing-easy-multipurpose-goody-bags.html

But if this is not helpful, feel free to email me and I'll try to help as best as I can.

Cheers!

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey thanks Sheela! I'm going to try one this weekend with some scrap fabric!
Also very impressed with the non-cable TV living, that's great!
Gayu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older