Wednesday, October 24, 2007

fleece tops galore

While I am not a hoarder, I like a good bargain on the things I use a lot anyway... Who doesn't, really?!

So, usually, I stock up on fabrics and craft supplies any time there is a genuine reasonable sale. .

easy sewing toddler fleece tops with appliqué nursery rhymesblack-sheep-fleece-tops-1


The fuss-pot that she is, any time she sees me aiming the camera at her, she looks away just long enough for me to take whatever shot I can get, somehow knowing exactly how long my patience lasts :)

She was quite excited when we went fleece-shopping sometime back. She had some helpful suggestions all along the lines of 'let's get everything in the store and take it home'...

However, when I asked her to pick out a fleece print to make tops for her, she gravitated towards a cheery bright pink and green and yellow print. Fine with me. Looks great on her, methinks. Well, better on her than on me, I suppose.

Also, one of the things on my to-do list last year was to make a quilt for Ana, with 8"x8" blocks, each block having one of these appliqués of her favorite nursery rhymes. Pretty ambitious.

Somehow, between a full time job, cooking, cleaning, keeping a toddler entertained and trying to stay on top of my reading (and blogging), this dreamy project got put on the back-burner... and has no hope of getting resuscitated in the near future... unless my mom, or mum-in-law, (or grandma) want to help make it!

Amma, Mom, if you are reading this, hint, hint, wink, wink ;)

Anyway, I liked the nursery rhymes themes idea for appliqué and started making a few fleece tops for her, adding my own appliqué on some.

She now has enough fleece tops to go for a whole week without washing. yay!




fleece-tops-5fleece tops
fleece-tops-5
fleece tops
fleece tops
fleece tops


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Bong Mom said...

wow these are so cute, you are pretty good at sewing

 
At 11:42 PM, Blogger Sunita Venkatachalam said...

Oh My. How do you find the time to do it all Sheela? Hats off, they are so awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older