Friday, November 05, 2010

Thaathaa shuffled off the mortal coil

I have only mentioned my grandpa (thaathaa) a couple of times in the nearly 450 posts here - not because I had nothing to say, but precisely because nothing I say can really change anything except help me deal with my own feelings temporarily.

From his humble beginnings, of which I have only heard from my mom, after many struggles to face and overcome challenges life throws constantly, to his last days when all four of his children were near him, Thaathaa's life is worth a book. Much like any grandpa out there from his era.

And now that he has departed from the dimensions we can perceive, I feel quite heavy.



Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger ranjani.sathish said...

So sorry to hear this Sheela. I just went back and read the last post you had done on your grandpa..very touching. My heartfelt condolences.

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous GG said...

De-lurking to say I am sorry for your loss. Take care.

 
At 5:08 AM, Anonymous B o o. said...

Please accept my condolences, Sheela. Hugs.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Choxbox said...

RIP S’s Thatha.

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger Sheela said...

Thank you, Ranjani, G, Boo, Choxie... his ashes are now mingled with the Krishna River as the family continues with the anthyeshti and shraddham rituals...

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Kay said...

Sheela, I'm so sorry to hear that your grandpa passed away! Much love and Hugs to you and your family.

My grandma passed away when M was barely 3 months old and 4 yrs later, I still miss her. How I wish I had a chance to say goodbye!

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger mnamma said...

My Condolences Sheela. Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older