Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

valentine's heart cards kids craft
Commercialization notwithstanding, we've come to embrace this day as a day of love and friendship, a day to share how we feel about those we care about.

In her own little way, Ana seemed excited about sharing some token of affection with her friends. Her school doesn't make a big deal about it - children get to decorate their brown bags and leave them by their boots. Kids are welcome to bring home-made things to drop in their friends' bags, signing their name if they feel like it.

Ana Scissor-hands got to work with all the art work we have been doing so far - bubble printing, melted crayon stained glass, marbling, textured paper... and we made some heart-shaped recycled crayons.

Of course, it felt incomplete without some glitter, so, she drew some designs with the glue stick and sprinkled some pink and red glitter before giving these hearts to her friends.

kids craft valentine's heart cards

Just cutting up and giving away her art work made it feel like she was sharing something special with her friends. And I couldn't agree more...


Happy Valentine's Day!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Blogger Just me said...

Sheela, How do you cut these so well? I have a 4 year old and I am trying to do some of the art stuff with her !! I am a big zero in art so I am also learning with her I guess:) You are awesome...

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Sheela said...

::Just me:: Thanks! Much as I would like to take the credit, I'm afraid most of these hearts were cut by Ana - I simply used a template (cookie-cutter) to draw, and she cut along the lines - very slowly, tilting the paper as she went around the curve :)

[She gets a lot of practice in school cutting along wavy lines, zig-zag and such, though... and she loves using the scissors, for some reason]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older